What is The Intern?
The Intern is an internship competition designed to provide students with the experience and taste of the industry. Through three phases of selection, two interns who possess the skillset, attitude and aptitude to fit into the company culture will be shortlisted for an 8-week internship in Singapore (between January and February 2018). A panel of judges will be involved in the process to select The Intern.
Alliancz International Pte Ltd was established in 2006 and have been growing and forming new business units over the past 11 years in the Architectural and Automotive industry. Alliancz International is committed to:
- Quality and continual improvement
- On-time completion of all projects
- Supporting policies that contribute towards environment, health, safety and quality and ensures that these policies are integrated into the work place
- Encouraging employees in improving efficiency and enhancing the competitive position of the company
- Protect the occupational health and safety of their employees
Job Type: Internship
Alliancz International Pte Ltd is expanding its operations with a particular focus on its composite wood decking portfolio to the Australian market. Therefore, the format of The Intern. as well as the actual internship will be focused on a feasibility study and strategic plan to meet the objective.
Alliancz International is offering two marketing internships in Singapore through The Intern. The winner of The Intern. will be offered an 8-week full-time internship in Singapore with on-the-job training, a return economy flight ticket to and from Singapore, and paid accommodation in Singapore for the duration of the internship. There is also the opportunity for full-time employment being offered after the internship.
The desirable intern must demonstrate the following skillsets and abilities:
- Ability to conduct market research using appropriate methodology and techniques to inform company marketing strategy and decision;
- Ability to develop a marketing and strategic plan for the company’s composite wood decking products to enter the Australian market;
- Ability to design, curate, and manage content across various online and offline platforms;
- Ability to maintain internal communications with effective interpersonal and organisational skills to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed;
- Ability to liaise, network and communicate with external stakeholders such as government bodies, suppliers and retailers to establish leads and contacts;
- Ability to demonstrate effective project management with the ability to drive and implement ideas in a challenging environment
Skill and Experience:
The successful intern must possess marketing skills as part of their education or work experience. Prior experience or work experience is preferred but not mandatory. However, the successful intern is expected to possess problem solving skills and is able to work in teams or independently. In addition, research skills (using primary and secondary data or other reliable sources) is important. It is expected that the successful intern will be able to develop a marketing plan and provide strategies for product entry into Australia. While it is optional, design skills such as adequate experience with the Adobe Creative Suite is highly valued.
The Intern. is designed to provide opportunities for 2nd, 3rd year students working towards a Bachelor of Commerce degree (including Honours), Masters (by coursework/research), or PhD. The intern will need to be equipped with the following skills: 1) Research 2) Strategic and critical thinking 3) creative thinking and design skills.
How to apply
Applicants for The Intern will have to go through a number of rounds of selection.