Building your career
The CGSB Building Your Career (BYC) program is comprised of several components – all designed to enhance your educational experience at the CGSB and develop and strengthen your career options. Our commitment to lifelong learning is reflected in the quality of the activities, workshops and networking events that are scheduled throughout the academic year. We believe these activities are an important partner to the classroom learning you receive and can capture the most up-to-date thinking in business circles. All BYC activities count towards your CGSB Professional Portfolio.
- Career Pathways seminars: Organised to maximise our students’ exposure to the major players in management consulting, these events have been hosted by PricewaterhouseCoopers, Wrays, Ernst and Young and Accenture in the past with more to come.
- Business Leaders Forum (BLF): The BLF gives students and Alumni the opportunity not only to update their knowledge of the newest trends and opportunities in various business related industries, but also develop their professional network and engage with leaders and industry. Speakers include an impressive line up of representatives from industry, politics and academia.
- View From the Top: In this series, the Dean of CGSB invites a successful CEO during each trimester to share their success story towards becoming a CEO, addressing their challenges, opportunities and lessons learned. Each presentation will be followed by a Question and answer session.
- International Business Study Tour – The CGSB unit, International Business Study Tour is a 25 credit unit that can be undertaken by CGSB students, Part of the unit involves a two-week tour of either China or Japan. Students on the tour are given the opportunity to network and develop relationships with industry representatives and well as deepen their relationships with fellow students. CGSB Alumni are also welcome to participate in the International Study Tours.
In addition to these CGSB initiatives, the School also fosters its links with the following organisations to round out the student experience:
- CGSB Alumni Visit the site for the latest networking events.
- CGSB Toastmasters One of the most active Toastmasters groups in WA, this organisation has assisted many past and present students in honing their presentation and speaking skills. CGSB Sundowner Toastmasters.
The CGSB Professional Portfolio is a tool developed by the CGSB in order to extend and develop your professional development. Through the activities listed here as well as through your own external professional development, it is a practical way to build on skills learned through our coursework and also contributes to the CGSB’s strategy of encouraging lifelong learning.