DuPont Sustainable Innovation Award
CBS Honours and Higher Degree by Research students and Staff are invited to apply for the DuPont Sustainable Innovation Award.
The Award is a key component of the exciting collaboration between the Curtin Business School and DuPont Australia Pty Ltd and offers the opportunity for both academics and industry to collaborate and achieve innovation.
Innovation forms a pivotal role in any dynamic industry and is weaved into every facet of business – from policies to strategies on a global scale.
The aim of the Award is to develop a more innovative Australia by identifying potential solutions and recommendations.
The projects that form the Award spearhead research in current industry issues and set up the foundation for future expansion and long-term collaboration opportunities. The projects challenge research ideas to reflect the current market climate and provide empirical insight on areas of industry interest to facilitate better decision making.
- Foster and strengthen relationships between academia and industry.
- Build groundwork for sustainable, long-term industry collaborations.
- Allow prospective academics and students to build in-roads into the industry.
- Showcase the research capabilities, talents, and ideas of CBS researchers and students.
- Understand what academia can provide as well as what industry is looking for.
- Highlight potential themes and current research priority areas.
- Provide a platform for researchers to communicate their discoveries.
- Allow the dissemination of knowledge by academics for industry applications.
To be eligible to apply, you must be:
- A CBS staff member (Early Career Researchers are strongly encouraged to apply).
- A Higher Degree by Research (HDR) student enrolled in a CBS course.
- An Honours student enrolled in a CBS course.
“Why should you apply for the DuPont Innovation Award? It was a great opportunity for the team to be able to visit the DuPont Headquarters. They provided a very thorough tour of their facilities in Singapore and showcased the signature innovations at DuPont. In addition, the experience allowed the team to further develop our project and to bring the innovation to the next level. Through this experience, it gave us deeper insights into what DuPont’s DNA on innovation is all about and how we can integrate the same into our research process. The award allowed us to establish connections and networks with DuPont that can extend to further collaborative projects. The DuPont Innovation Award was overall a great experience. The prize money was great, but it was better that we could meet like-minded researchers and passionate people who value, live and breathe innovation. ”
DuPont Sustainable Solutions is proudly supporting Curtin Business School’s innovation in business through the DuPont Innovation Award.
DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) is one of 8 DuPont businesses. Bringing customers, the benefits of an integrated global consulting service and process technology enterprise, DSS applies DuPont’s real-world experience, history of innovation, problem-solving success, and strong brands to help organizations transform their workplaces and work cultures to become safer, more operationally efficient and more environmentally sustainable. Learn more.
DuPont has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders, they can help find solutions to global challenges such as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment. For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit: www.dupont.com.au
Registration closes 5pm (AWST), Friday 14 July 2017.