Call for abstracts
We are pleased to invite property law academics to submit a 400-600 word abstract of a proposed paper in your area of expertise for the 14th Australasian Property Law Teachers Conference to be held at the Curtin Law School in Perth, Western Australia on the 27-28 September 2017. Submissions closed on the 30th of June 2017.
Addressing the theme ‘Beyond Sole Ownership’ the conference will encourage discussion of the evolution of existing and emerging property rights, the nature of resultant interests and the impact of upon ‘traditional’ conceptions of property law. In so doing the conference will consider the perceived ‘disconnect’ between the often exclusionary nature of property law and contemporary political, economic and societal expectation. The conference theme is intended to encompass new developments and emerging areas in real and personal property law.
Topics to consider can include (but are not limited to):
- Individual and collective decision making with regard to property;
- Reconsidering the commons;
- Strata and community property;
- Relationships between present and subsequent interests in property;
- Enduring property relationships;
- The influence of developing theories of property, including Progressive Property, and the impact on property discourse;
- Accommodation across generations;
- The changing nature of personal property;
- Protecting personal property.
Curtin Law School is committed to developing a balanced and engaging conference program.
The call for abstracts has now closed. Please contact APLTC2017@curtin.edu.au if you have any further queries.
Abstracts will be reviewed by members of the Conference Committee and authors will be notified of the outcome of that review. If you have any questions, please contact Dr Eileen Webb (Eileen.firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ms Linda Widdup (Linda.email@example.com)